Tax Revenue from Visitor Expenditures


Daily Arrival Rates

  • 2011 - 7,174,397
  • 2010 - 6,916,894
  • 2009 – 6,420,448
  • 3.59% Increase

Tax Revenue

  • 2011 – $1,065,630.00
  • 2010 – $971,594.00
  • 2009 - $890,696.00
  • $94,036 Increase

Visitors by County

  • Honolulu – 35,001
  • Hawaii – 11,113
  • Kauai – 9,872
  • Maui – 21,745
  • 45% Honolulu Travel




Hawaii Overview

Hawaii is the name of several islands and are among the numerous Pacific Islands in the Pacific Ocean. Of these, the islands which have significant tourism are: Hawaii, Oahu, Maui, Kauai, and Lanai. Due to the mild year-round weather, tourist travel is popular throughout the year. The summer months and major holidays are the most popular times for outsiders to visit.


Hawaii Trends

The daily arrival rate for Hawaii showed a slight increase over the last three years. However, 2011 were down 4.7% from 2006. Further, 45% of visitors travels to Oahu and the remaining 55% to the other islands. The tax revenue from visitor expenditures showed an increase of 8.8% from 2010 to 2011. When the daily arrivals increase so does the tax revenues.


More Data

To learn more about the data, the original data dataset used to create the tables and graphs can be found on the Socrata site.

Annual Visitor Arrivals

Visitor Accommodations by Country 1975 to 2011

Tax Revenue from Visitor Expenditures